UNIT 4. ASSESSMENT
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- perform the steps required to find referrals/cases assigned to you or
to your unit (supervisors)
- enter assessment and investigation information such as interviews,
home studies, collateral contacts
- Accessing the Inbox function of NH BRIDGES
- Assessment Risk Assignment
|Inbox and Assigning Assessment Risk
||For this unit, we will sign on as the Assessment Unit Supervisor, Ben
N. Jerry (UserID = bjerry, password = training). We will access the
Macarena2 referral, review the referral, assigned it a "severe"
assessment risk level, and assign it to an Assessment worker, Rob
|Note: The Assessment Supervisor will
access this referral from the Inbox, since
it was a transfer referral into the
assessment unit. BRIDGES will place the
referral in the Inbox of the Assessment
Unit. The Assessment Supervisor should
review the information, and click on the
referral acceptance button. The
assessment supervisor must record the
assessment acceptance and acceptance
risk level via the Override button before
assigning it to an assessment worker.
The Override button allows a supervisor a
one time opportunity to assign the
assessment risk level.
- From the Main toolbar, click on the Inbox button.
- Click on the Unit/Group radio button.
- Ensure that "Manchester" appears in the DCYF office picklist.
- Click on the Unit/Group picklist and choose "Jerry, B. - Assessment
20" (the inset grid is populated with data).
- Ensure that Macarena2 is highlighted and click on [Show]
appears above a blank screen titled "Referral/Assessment - Macarena2")
- Click on the Referral button. (The Referral toolbar appears.)
(The Referral/Assessment toolbar
- Click on the Ref Accept button. (The "Referral Acceptance - Macarena2" screen appears.)
- Click on the Assessment Risk button. (The Assessment Risk dialog
- Click on the Severe radio button, then click in the Recommendations
mandatory field and type some comments.
- Click on the [OK] command button.(You are returned to the
"Referral Acceptance - Macarena2" screen.)
- Click on the [Cancel] button .
|Assigning the Assessment
- From the Referral toolbar, click on the Workload button. (The
Referral/Assessment toolbar appears.)
- Click on the Assign button (the Assign/Transfer dialog box appears)
- Click on the [New] command button. Select the Assign to Worker
radio button. Select "Jerry, B - Assessment 20" from the Unit/Group
picklist, and select "Rob Banks" from the worker picklist.
- Click on the [OK] button.
|Entering a New Collateral
|Note: The collateral inf. can be copied to
the case from the referral/assessment
Enter the Coil Inf. screen and use the
copy command button to select and copy
collaterals inf. into the Case.
- From the Referral toolbar, or the Assessment toolbar, or the Case
toolbar, click on Coil Inf. (The "Collateral Information - [case
name]" screen appears.)
- If no collaterals have been entered yet, complete the information
on the screen for the new collateral you are entering. If there are
collaterals entered already, they will show in the inset grid at the
top of the screen. Use the [Clear] command button to set focus on the
new collateral to be entered (a blank link appears in the inset grid).
- When you have entered collateral information on the screen, Click
on the [Add] button to make a record of the collateral in the database
Back to Table of Contents