UNIT 4. ASSESSMENT (Continued)
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- enter or view child's removal from parents
- enter or view placement detail records
- Documenting interviews;
- Authorization Information;
- Recording a Child's Removal information;
- Recording a Child's Placement information
||(For this instruction, sign on as the assessment worker, Rob Banks
and select the Macarena referral)
|Documenting interviews with clients/collaterals
- Click on the Assessment button. (The Assessment toolbar appears). From
the Assessment toolbar, click on the Interviews button.
Note: The assessment screens can be
accessed only after a referral has been
accepted for assessment by a supervisor.
- Review the Victim/Chins interview by clicking on the Vctm/CHINS button on
the Assessment/Interviews toolbar.
Note: The narrative button on the
Assessment toolbar is a read-only screen
containing the narrative from the referral.
You can view it but cannot add
information to it.
- Review the Perpetrator/PRFC interview by clicking on the P/P Intv.
button on the Assessment/Interviews toolbar.
Note: As with many Bridges screens, the
interview screen contains a field to enter
the name of a WORD document to
associate with the screen. You can use a
WORD document to access additional
text space and put the document name
on this screen so it can be read with the
rest of the screen data. The document
must be saved to a common network
directory so others can access it.
- Review the Collateral interviews by clicking on the Coll Intv. button
on the Assessment/Iterviews toolbar.
- From the Referral/Assessment toolbar, click on the Removal
button. (The Select Client dialog box appears.)
- Make sure Mary Macarena is highlighted and click on [Show] (The
Child's removal from PRFC - Mary Macarena" screen appears.)
- Scroll through the information entered an this screen, when done
click on [Cancel], then click on the Workload button (the
Referral/Acceptance toolbar is returned).
- From the Referral/Assessment toolbar, click on the Placement
button. (The "select referral placement client" dialog box appears.)
- Make sure Mary Macarena is highlighted and click an [Show]. The
placement toolbar appears.)
- Click on the Place button (the "Select Placement Episode" dialog
box appears). Click on [Show]. (The Place toolbar appears.)
- Click on the Place toolbar buttons to review the information that
can be entered regarding a placement episode.
- When done viewing placement information, click on the Workload button (the
Referral/Assessment toolbar appears).
|Recording a New Allegation
The mother's denial and anger at her daughter indicate that she is
unwilling to protect her daughter from the alleged abuse. An
allegation of neglect against the mother, Maggie Macarena, is entered
during the assessment by Rob Banks.
Note: The "collected during assessment"
radio button on the Abuse/Neglect
Allegations screen will automatically be
||(For this instruction,access the workload for Rob Banks and select
the Macarena4 referral)
- Click on the Assessment button. (The Assessment toolbar appears.)
- Click on the A/N Alleg button. (The "Abuse/Neglect
Information-Macarena4" screen appears.)
- There is an inset grid with the sexual abuse allegation from the
initial referral showing. Click on the [Clear] command button to
create a blank screen where you can enter a new allegation.
- Select Mary Macarena4 from the Client Name picklist.
- Select Neglect from the Abuse/Neglect category picklist.
- Select Failure to Protect from the Abuse/Neglect type picklist.
- Click on the Alleged Perpetrator multi-select button. (The "select
perpetrator" dialog box appears.)
- Select Maggie Macarena4 from the choices on the left side or the
dialog box. (The [Add] button is enabled.)
- Click on the [Add] button. (Maggie Macarena4 moves under
Perpetrators on the right side of the box)
- Click on the [OK] button in the "select perpetrator" dialog box
(you are returned to the "Abuse/Neglect Information - Macarena4"
- Click on the [Add] command button (the inset grid will show two
allegations - one for abuse, one for neglect).
- When you have both allegations showing, Click on the [Cancel]
- Exit the NH BRIDGES application
Back to Table of Contents